Your Life is Worth The Wait
Whether it’s making curfew or making it to an interview on time, crossing the train tracks to save a few minutes is a life or death decision. If the red lights are flashing and the crossing arms are down, a train is coming, even if you can’t see or hear it. Trains can’t stop, but you can. Watch the videos below and Make Your Choice.
Think You'll Hear a Train? Think Again.
Always expect a train.
- Trains can cross from either direction at anytime.
- Slow down and look both ways before crossing railroad tracks.
- Stop for approaching trains. Saving a few minutes is not worth risking your life.
- Ensure there is enough space for your vehicle to clear the railroad tracks before crossing.
- Look out for crossings with multiple rail lines. Check every set of railroad tracks before driving across.
- If your vehicle stalls on railroad tracks, notify Union Pacific by calling the phone number posted at the crossing. Dispatchers will try to stop approaching trains. You can also call 911.