Supplier Code of Conduct
Union Pacific Railroad Company (UPRR) is committed to high standards of ethical business conduct. As a condition of doing business with UPRR, all Suppliers (suppliers, vendors, contractors, subcontractors, consultants, agents and other providers of materials and/or services) must fully comply with all federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, orders, codes and ordinances as outlined in the contract as well as UPRR's Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Suppliers must compete fairly for UPRR's business without paying bribes, kickbacks or giving anything of value to UPRR employees or their relatives in order to secure an improper advantage or create the appearance of gaining an improper advantage.
- Suppliers must independently develop proposals and bid responses, without consultation with other bidders, other potential bidders, or UPRR personnel outside the bounds of the standard bidding process.
- Suppliers must refrain from asking UPRR employees for another supplier's price information.
- Suppliers must not directly or indirectly enter into any business transaction with UPRR employees or their relatives without the UPRR Supply department's prior written consent.
- Suppliers must not use any UPRR-owned or leased equipment without the UPRR Supply department's prior written consent, or take ownership of any such equipment unless Suppliers have executed an agreement generated by UPRR's Supply department that authorizes such action.
- Suppliers must not subcontract any part of the work to be performed for UPRR to a subsidiary or affiliate, or to a relative or an entity owned or controlled by the relative, without the UPRR Supply department's prior written consent.
- Supplier must ensure that its personnel assigned to perform work on UPRR property act in a professional and respectful manner, keeping the workplace free from harassment including verbal, physical, and written conduct.
- Suppliers must adhere to applicable UPRR policies while working on UPRR property including but not limited to general safety practices and UPRR's no smoking policy.
- Suppliers may only access information through UPRR computer systems as authorized; must ensure the information security and confidentiality of all information obtained through such authorized access; and may not use any UPRR information other than for the purposes authorized by UPRR.
- Suppliers must effectively distribute and communicate UPRR's Supplier Code of Conduct to all employees involved in a business relationship with UPRR.
Suppliers must immediately report any violation of this Code to UPRR by calling UPRR's Values Line at:
1 (800) 998-2000
For Supply department questions and/or consent please call or email the Services Procurement Center at:
1 (402) 544-0772 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A supplier's failure to comply with UPRR's Supplier Code of Conduct may result in UPRR pursuing legal action and/or discontinuing the business relationship.