Community Event Notification
Safety on the rails starts with safety on the mind.
Union Pacific's No. 1 priority is the safety of our employees and communities. We strive to build strong relationships with each of the communities in which we operate. One of the keys to a strong relationship is communication. Anytime a community activity crosses Union Pacific railroad track or takes place near Union Pacific property, event planners should contact UP's Response Management Communication Center (RMCC) to notify the railroad of event plans.
Union Pacific's RMCC is available 24/7 at 1-888-877-7267.
Event planners should contact the RMCC as soon as events are scheduled to provide the railroad maximum notice of events scheduled to cross or occur near Union Pacific property.
Events and activities requiring at least 7-days notice include:
- High, wide or low clearance movements, such as house transport or traveling amusement park rides
- Sporting events
- Cattle crossings
Events and activities requiring at least 30-days notice include:
- Parades, celebrations, concerts, rallies or other large gatherings
- City, town, county or state fair, carnivals or farmers' markets
- Motorcades including car or motorcycle parades
- Sporting events such as marathons or bicycle rides
Individuals managing unanticipated events, such as funerals or local government agency activities, should contact Union Pacific's RMCC (1-888-877-7267) as soon as the event is scheduled.