Union Pacific Recognizes Chemical and Petrochemical Customers for Safety Excellence
Omaha, Neb., April 27, 2007 Union Pacific today announced recipients of the railroad’s 11th annual Pinnacle Award for chemical transportation safety. The award recognizes the safety achievements of Union Pacific’s chemical and petrochemical customers.
"Our customers are very safety conscious, and the Pinnacle Award is our way of recognizing their efforts," said Diane Duren, Union Pacific’s vice president and general manager - chemicals. "We work closely with all customers to ensure the safe transportation of their commodities, and we are very impressed with the work of this year’s winners."
All Union Pacific chemical and petrochemical customers were invited to apply for the annual award. Applicants were judged on safe loading techniques, securement of shipments and zero non-accident releases.
Since 1994, non-accident releases of hazardous material on Union Pacific’s network have declined 53 percent, due in part to increased inspections by the railroad’s hazardous material safety field personnel and the Pinnacle Award criteria.
Recipients of a 2007 Pinnacle Award are:
- Afton Chemical Corporation, Richland, Va.
- ANZO Nobel Chemicals, Inc., Chicago, Ill.
- Canexus Chemical Canada L.P., North Vancouver, B.C., Canada
- CF Industries, Inc., Long Grove, Ill.
- ChemTrade Refinery Services, Inc., North York, Ontario
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Co. L.P., Woodlands, Texas
- Chevron Products Company, San Ramon, Calif.
- Cytec Industries, Inc., Westwego, La.
- Enterprise Products Operating L.P., Houston, Texas
- Ergon Asphalt Products, Inc., Chandler, Ariz.
- Huntsman, Woodlands, Texas
- Jones-Hamilton Co., Walbridge, Ohio
- Kennecott Utah Copper, Magna, Utah
- Koch Sulfur Products LLC, Wichita, Kan.
- Lanxess Corporation, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- LCI, Ltd, Jacksonville Beach, Fla.
- Norfalco, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- NOVA Chemicals, Moontownship, Pa.
- Old World Industries, Northbrook, Ill.
- Olin Corporation, Cleveland, Tenn.
- PCS Sales (USA), Northbrook, Ill.
- PPG Industries, Inc., Monroeville, Pa.
- Reagent Chemical & Research, Inc., Houston, Texas
- Sasol North America, Westlake, La.
- S I Group, Freeport, Texas
- Shell Chemical, Houston, Texas
- Sunoco, Inc., Philadelphia, Pa.
- Texas PetroChemicals L.P., Houston, Texas
- Tronox, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Westlake Chemical, Sulphur, La.
About Union Pacific
Union Pacific Corporation owns one of America’s leading transportation companies. Its principal operating company, Union Pacific Railroad, links 23 states in the western two-thirds of the country and serves the fastest-growing U.S. population centers. Union Pacific’s diversified business mix includes Agricultural Products, Automotive, Chemicals, Energy, Industrial Products and Intermodal. The railroad offers competitive long-haul routes from all major West Coast and Gulf Coast ports to eastern gateways. Union Pacific connects with Canada’s rail systems and is the only railroad serving all six major gateways to Mexico, making it North America’s premier rail franchise.
For further information, contact Mark Davis at (402) 544-5459.
The statements and information contained in the news releases provided by Union Pacific speak only as of the date issued. Such information by its nature may become outdated, and investors should not assume that the statements and information contained in Union Pacific's news releases remain current after the date issued. Union Pacific makes no commitment, and disclaims any duty, to update any of this information.