Posted June 26, 2013 8:56 a.m. CDT
Union Pacific recently welcomed guests from the National Model Railroad Association to Davidson Yard and Diesel Shop, in Fort Worth.
Association members were visiting the Dallas/Fort Worth area for the association's 62nd annual convention, and were given a tour of the facilities by MTO Blake Woodson, and locomotive shop director Russell Lowe.
Davidson Yard was built in the early 1900s by the Texas & Pacific Railroad, and was named Lancaster Yard after the president of the railroad. The yard took the Davidson name in 2007, for then-retiring UP CEO Dick Davidson.
Community Ties — news, photos and video about Union Pacific, our employees and the communities where we live and work.
Content is produced by Union Pacific Corporate Relations, 1400 Douglas St., STOP 1550, Omaha, NE 68179. Contact us via the Feedback page.