Return to Work Requirements
Furloughed employees who are recalled should review and complete the following requirements as applicable before returning to work:
- If you have had a change in marital status (married or divorced) or had a child, please contact United Healthcare at 1-800-842-9905 to update your Health and Welfare insurance records for eligible dependents.
- Report any felony or misdemeanors convictions to your supervisor, unless they are drug and alcohol related, as described in 1.6.1 through 1.6.2 of the General Code of Operating Rules. If a conviction is drug and alcohol related, contact EAP at 1-800-779-1212.
- Ensure all applicable operating certifications are up to date, including – but not limited to – Locomotive Engineer Qualifications, Remote Control Operator, etc. See your local manager for next steps.
- Effective Aug. 1, locomotive license recertification documents are available only through the MyUP portal and no longer are mailed to employees' homes. Any employee who possesses a Class 1 through 7 certificate to operate a locomotive will need to access his or her recertification packet via the portal.
- Following an employee's initial certification, individuals are required to recertify every 36 months. To find out when your license expires, log on to the MyUP portal and view the "Recertification" portlet under the "My Work" tab. Employees also may print a temporary license from this area.
- If you have been off work for a year or more, you must complete a Return to Work Physical. To schedule an exam, contact Health and Medical Services at 866-873-9261.
- If you have suffered any type of cardiac issue (stents, heart attack, etc.), seizure disorder or other major change in medical status (major car accident, surgery, etc.), you must contact Health and Medical Services at 877-275-8747 opt 4.
- If you are a TE&Y employee returning in 2009 and do not hold an Engineer’s License (for example, a non-locomotive engineer, remote control operator or student locomotive engineer) and have a birth date that falls in the months of September-December, please schedule a hearing test before returning to work.
- To schedule your test, please contact LHI at 866-873-9261 or 1-800-356-3783 to find an Occupational Health Nurse near you. Testing results from non-LHI clinics may not be accepted. Please avoid loud noises and wear hearing protection for 14 hours before your appointment. If you have questions or want to check the date of your last hearing exam, please contact Union Pacific Hearing Conservation and Respiratory Protection Hotline at 1-800-356-3783.
- If you are a TE&Y employee returning in 2010 and do not hold an Engineer’s License (for example, a non-locomotive engineer, remote control operator, or student locomotive engineer) and have a birth date that falls in the months of May-August, please schedule a hearing test before you return to work.
- To schedule your test, please contact LHI at 866-873-9261 or 1-800-356-3783 to find an Occupational Health Nurse near you. Testing results from non-LHI clinics may not be accepted. Please avoid loud noises and wear hearing protection for 14 hours before your appointment. If you have questions or would like to check the date of your last hearing exam, please contact Union Pacific Hearing Conservation and Respiratory Protection Hotline at 1-800-356-3783.
- If you are assigned to a port location and require a TWIC card for access, please contact TSA at http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/index.shtm to ensure you have a current card.If you do not have a current card, contact your local supervisor.
- Contact OSS at 1-800-621-8953 to ensure your TCS User ID and password are current and active.
- Contact your Manager of Training and Attendance regarding any training requirements:
Service Unit Contact Phone Chicago Manuel A. Magana 708-649-5118 Council Bluffs Lisa A. Davis 712-329-5250 Denver Richard DeLisa 303-405-5058 El Paso Frank Cisneros 915-534-3320 Fort Worth Jason Redden 817-353-7045 Houston Randall L. Lang 713-577-0611 Kansas City David Troutman 816-399-1612 Livonia Randall L. Lang 713-577-0611 Los Angeles Mike Faulkner 909-685-2384 North Little Rock Raymond Scioneaux 337-794-0354 North Platte Michael Hansen 308-535-4585 Pocatello Steve Wilson 208-236-5303 Portland George Sanders 503-249-3004 Roseville Brian Kline 916-789-5903 San Antonio James Tillman 210-200-3545 St. Louis Gary Rolfes 314-331-0656 Tucson James Slade 520-629-2171 Twin Cities K.D. Yungerberg 651-552-3737 Utah Cliff Mallett 801-212-3938 Wichita Jason Redden 817-353-7045
Contact your Service Unit Human Resource representative to complete any appropriate paperwork regarding employment eligibility:
|Service Unit||Recruitment Manager||Phone|
|Darren Van Winkle||(708) 649-5183||Send E-Mail|
|Council Bluffs||LaTrice Drake-Torres||(630) 562-7112||Send E-Mail|
|Denver||Ferrie Bailey||(623) 261-8474||Send E-Mail|
|El Paso||Enrique Garcia||(402) 321-5122||Send E-Mail|
|Ft Worth||Ron Dickson||(402) 618-5384||Send E-Mail|
|Houston||Ken Kuwamura||(210) 200-3653||Send E-Mail|
|Kansas City||Bill Blakney||(816)399-1607||Send E-Mail|
|Livonia||Ken Kuwamura||(210) 200-3653||Send E-Mail|
|Los Angeles||Brent Litjen||(626) 622-7539||Send E-Mail|
|North Little Rock||Rich Thiele||(402) 305-9651||Send E-Mail|
|North Platte||Ron Marshall||(402) 618-8682||Send E-Mail|
|Pocatello||Sharon Hinton||(801) 212-3835||Send E-Mail|
|Portland||Derek Tompoles||(503) 757-6343||Send E-Mail|
|Roseville||Carrie Wetter||(916) 789-6375||Send E-Mail|
|San Antonio||Ken Kuwamura||(210) 200-3653||Send E-Mail|
|St Louis||Pat Doyle||(402) 618-4328||Send E-Mail|
|Tucson||Enrique Garcia||(402) 321-5122||Send E-Mail|
|Twin Cities||LaTrice Drake-Torres||(630) 562-7112||Send E-Mail|
|Utah||Sharon Hinton||(801) 212-3835||Send E-Mail|
|Wichita||Ron Dickson||(402) 618-5384||Send E-Mail|