Texas, Gonzales and Northern Railway Company TXGN #829
Nature of Firm
TXGN operates freight service from a connection with UP at Harwood, TX to Gonzales, TX (12.3 miles). Traffic consists of crude oil, grain and animal feed meals, clay, and metal products.
The Gonzales Branch Railroad Company was chartered on November 12, 1881. Twelve miles of track between Gonzales and Harwood, Texas, and a connection with the Galveston, Harrisburg and San Antonio Railway were completed in August 1882. The capital was $240,000, and the principal place of business was Harwood. Members of the first board of directors were T.W. Pierce of Boston, Massachusetts; James Converse, E.P. Hill, C.C. Gibbs, Jacob E. Fisher, and T.W. Pierce, Jr., all of Houston; and Henry B. Andrews of San Antonio. The Gonzales Branch was operated by the Galveston, Harrisburg and San Antonio until merged into that company in 1905. The line eventually became the Southern Pacific, and was sold to the TNW Corporation on November 15, 1992, and operated as the Texas, Gonzales and Northern Railway.
Texas, Gonzales & Northern Railway Company
|Company Affiliation||TNW Corporation|
|Interchange Points||Harwood, TX|
|Agreement Type||Handling Carrier|
|Information Exchange Method||RMI|