BHP Arizona Railroad Company MAA #453
Nature of Firm
MAA operates freight service from a connection with the UP at Magma to Superior, AZ (28.11 miles).
The company was incorporated October 13, 1914 as the Magna Arizona Railroad Company, and opened as a narrow gauge line in 1915. It was converted to standard gauge in April 1923. Passenger service lasted until July 1940. The copper mine at Superior was closed in June 1996.