Great Northwest Railroad Company GRNW #339
Nature of Firm
The GRNW operates freight service from a connection with UP and BNSF at Ayer Junction, WA to Riparia, WA (15.1 miles), via trackage rights over UP, and then 72 miles to Lewiston, ID. GRNW also operates 75 miles east to Kooskia, ID. Traffic includes forest products, agricultural products, industrial and farm chemicals, scrap iron and frozen vegetables.
The Camas Prairie Railroad Company was formed in 1909 by the Northern Pacific Railroad (now BNSF), the Oregon Washington Railroad and Navigation Company (now UP). The railroad was operated jointly until April 18, 1998, when BNSF and UP sold their interests in the CP to a new short line, Camas Prairie Railnet. In 2000, CSP abandoned the 67 mile branch line from Spalding, ID to Grangeville, ID. Watco Companies purchased the line in 2004, renaming it the GRNW. In December 2004, GRNW abandoned a 28 mile branch line from Orofino, ID to Jaype, ID.
Great Northwest Railroad
|Contacts||Robert Gene Harrington
|Company Affiliation||Watco Companies|
|Interchange Points||Ayer Junction, WA|
|Agreement Type||Handling Carrier|
|Information Exchange Method||RMI|