Why Union Pacific Intermodal
Have aggressive timelines? Need a controlled environment? Need to cross a border or even an ocean? Union Pacific can handle it all. We have developed the largest network, the best service, the most capacity, and premium value-added solutions to meet your needs better than anyone else.
- The largest intermodal network in North American with the most direct rail services from coast to coast.
- Connections to the most markets reaching the most locations through a broader service network.
- The most access points to Mexico and Canada with the fastest direct service to and from key markets.
- Access to all West Coast and western Gulf Coast ports with on-dock or near-dock service.
- The most truck-competitive lanes getting your products to more destinations without increased transit times.
- Faster transcontinental services through seamless connections with eastern railroads.
- Consistent and predictable services through truck-competitive reliability.
- Dedicated sales and service teams to serve shippers, motor carriers, ocean carriers and other intermediaries.
- An industry-leading investment program with more than $1.1 billion invested in intermodal facilities since 2000.
- The largest dedicated container fleet for domestic customers with more than 100,000 containers offered exclusively by Union Pacific and our partners.
- EMP is a domestic interline container service offered by Union Pacific and Norfolk Southern, along with various agent railroads. The EMP fleet includes more than 31,000 53-foot containers and chassis which serve most major U.S. cities.
- UMAX is a domestic interline container service offered by Union Pacific and CSX. UMAX features more than 600 service lanes with a fleet of more than 31,000 53-foot containers.
- Our Mutual Commitment Program provides the shipper with year-round guaranteed capacity and more consistent pricing.
- Door-to-door services from Streamline with simple, full-service solutions for managing wholesale door-to-door shipments.
- Mexico products with three ways to get your products across the border quickly and hassle-free.