If you're looking for seamless, coast-to-coast transportation in North America, Union Pacific operates an extensive rail system with coverage from U.S. West Coast and Gulf ports to key inland population centers. With distinct route advantages, access to all U.S. West Coast Ports, eastern interchanges and Mexico border crossings, and the flexibility to choose a connecting carrier, Union Pacific provides international customers with a wide range of shipping options.
For purposes of distinguishing international containerized shipments in the U.S. from domestic shipments, International Intermodal business encompasses all marine container shipments including international shipments (defined as intact containerized U.S. rail shipments involving an immediately prior or subsequent ocean movement), empty repositioning, and domestic reload shipments.
Benefits of Union Pacific International Intermodal
- Pacific Northwest terminals - Seattle, Tacoma and Portland - offer unparalleled market coverage, including service to Texas
- Pacific Southwest terminals - Los Angeles, Long Beach and Oakland - offer full market coverage, as well as frequent departures and arrivals
- Extensive coverage of Mexico border crossings
- Flexibility to choose connecting eastern carrier
- An ongoing capital commitment that translates to faster, more reliable service to major markets