Expedited, Competitive Shipping Solutions for Line Pipe
Speed up your shipments of line pipe with Pipeline Express, a new service developed by Union Pacific and its logistics management subsidiary, Union Pacific Distribution Services (UPDS). Pipeline Express expedites your line pipe shipments from the pipe manufacturer to pipe off-loading sites across the country for final delivery by truck.
With access to our extensive network of more than 100 pipe off-loading sites and the largest fleet of 89’ flat cars in the rail industry, Pipeline Express allows you to competitively expand your market reach. We cover more than 75 percent of the active oil and natural gas drilling locations in the U.S., aligning geographically with new pipeline projects underway in the western two-thirds of the United States and seamlessly connecting beyond our existing network to eastern gateways, Canada, and all six major Mexico gateways.
When you need to identify new storage yard locations, UPDS and our Industrial Development team can also provide expertise to help you select suitable off-load destination sites that meet your specific needs.
Your dedicated Pipeline Express team will manage your project through the entire transportation cycle. A Union Pacific project coordinator, closely tied to Union Pacific Operations, will work directly with you to ensure seamless communication and service. Your project coordinator will also work with a UPDS logistics representative to track shipments, minimize delivery times and improve efficiencies in the supply chain.
Pipeline Express OffersExtensive Network of Off-Loading and Storage Sites
- A network of 100+ viable Union Pacific strategically-located rail sites available for handling line pipe.
- Identification of pipe yard staging locations for the safe handling of inventory and preparation of pipe shipments.
- Destination Energy Site Tracker, a UPDS web application designed to identify suitable locations for pipe handling and streamline the rate response process.
- Expedited transit time and reliable shipment delivery schedules.
- Total visibility of shipments and expedited transit times.
- Expanded market reach and high-touch product offering with implemented channel strategy and logistics management.
- Designated Union Pacific project coordinator for entire transportation cycle - one point of contact - closely tied to Union Pacific Operations for seamless communication and service.
- Dedicated UPDS logistics representative monitoring shipments to minimize delivery times and overall inefficiencies in the supply chain.
- Daily logistics reports to track pipe shipments from manufacturer to pipe off-loading location.
- Premium fleet of 89' flat cars, providing capacity to meet the needs of the growing steel pipeline market.
Get Started Today!
For more information about our Pipeline Express service, please contact your Union Pacific sales representative or: