Union Pacific is the largest automotive carrier west of the Mississippi River and operates or accesses more than 40 vehicle distribution centers. Union Pacific's extensive franchise directly serves six vehicle assembly plants and connects to West Coast ports, Mexico gateways, and the Gulf of Mexico to accommodate both import and export shipments.
Approximately 70 percent of all new vehicles use rail for delivery, with UP handling more than 70 percent of the western U.S. rail automotive market share.
Union Pacific's multi-level fleet is the largest in the rail industry. Additionally we have the expertise to coordinate truck service from one of our vehicle distribution facilities to the local dealer. During transit, you will have complete vehicle visibility with our Web-enabled tracking technology.
Union Pacific Strengths
- More than 70 Years of Experience Shipping Automobiles
- Operates or Accesses More Than 40 Vehicle Distribution Centers
- Access to Seven West Coast Ports and the Gulf of Mexico
- Serves All Six Major Gateways to Mexico
- Directly Serves Five Vehicle Assembly Plants
- Premier U.S. Rail Carrier for Vehicles Produced in Mexico
- Largest Contributor to the National Multi-Level Fleet
- Innovative AutoFlex Design Supports Dynamic Consumer Buying Trends
- Recognized by Multiple Customers as Their Key Rail Supplier