Restricted & Forbidden Commodities
The following items are restricted and carriers will not accept responsibility for the following articles moving in refrigerated services unless special arrangements are made and paid for prior to shipment, or specific rates are published in the current price list.
- Cheese (Fresh & Frozen)
- Fish (Frozen) (STCC 20-361-series)
- Seafood (Frozen) (STCC 20-361-series)
The following items are forbidden and carriers will not accept the responsibility for the following articles unless special arrangements are made and paid for prior to shipment. Cargo shipped in violation of this item will be assessed a surcharge fee of $2500.00 per rail car and an administrative fee of $100.00 per item incident. In addition, all demurrage fees will continue to accrue. All charges are due and payable at the time the shipment is released.
Carriers reserve the right to refuse commodities in addition to those listed above, at their sole discretion.
- Animals, game, pigeons or poultry that are alive
- Brussels Sprouts
- Eggs (Fresh)
- Fish (Fresh) (STCC 20-362-series)
- Hides, furs, pelts or skins, green or green salted
- Ice Cream (STCC 20-241-10)
- Juice Grapes (STCC 01-224-15, 01-224-20, 01-224-25)
- Milk (Fresh)
- Plants, living or fresh cut including Christmas trees, pumpkins, floral or nursery stock
- Seafood (Fresh) (STCC 20-362-series)
- Sweet Corn
- Yogurt (STCC 20-259-58)